Is it just me, or are the holidays becoming more and more expensive when it comes to gift-giving? The stores usually come out with a whole array of holiday-themed gifts and gift sets, as well as great holiday “deals.” Before you know it, you walk out from shopping with way more items than you planned on buying! Furthermore, what about getting stocking stuffers? If you are looking for some great holiday stocking stuffers that are affordable, check out these stocking stuffer ideas for pets (and their owners) that are under $20.
- Dog owners; if you live in a cold or drier climate, your pups might experience dry or cracked noses or paws. Get them some nose or paw balm to help soothe their sensitive spots.
- Does the pet owner have a favorite color or sports team? Pick out a new collar, leash, or another accessory such as an ID tag, handkerchief, or bowtie featuring their favorite color or sports team.
- Grooming items are always great stocking stuffers, whether it be nail clippers, brushes, or good smelling shampoo for bath times.
- Toys are great for stocking stuffers. Most pets prefer a particular type of toy. For dogs, get them a new squeaky toy, tug toy, ball, or even a new chew toy, depending on what they like. In fact, most stores sell holiday pet stockings for dogs and cats that have numerous different pet toys in them! Good toy ideas for cats are always catnip toys, kicker toys, or a new teaser toy.
- Treats are great stocking stuffers as well. Get your dog or cat their favorite bag of treats or try a new seasonal holiday treat.
- Pet accessories are always fun, such as stylish food and water bowls, or even cute holiday pet apparel such as a pet sweater or t-shirt. Petco and PetSmart have some great ugly Christmas sweaters for dogs and cats!
For the Pet Owners…
- Pet themed socks, ties, and Christmas ornaments are great stocking stuffers.
- Mini travel-sized lint rollers work well to keep in bags or vehicles, for when the pet hair sneaks up on you.
- A coffee mug or cell phone case with a picture of their pet is a very memorable gift.
- For folks that like to plan, get them a calendar or day planner featuring their favorite pet breed.
- A pet-themed Tshirt or pair of slippers are always fun.
- For folks that are on the go all the time, a travel-sized pet first aid kit to put in their vehicle or adventure bag is something they might appreciate.
For more holiday gift ideas, check out my articles on 15 perfect gifts for pet lovers, as well as 13 DIY gifts and projects for pet lovers!